A Bright Star

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Not Quite a Peanut

Although I feel like my belly is growing, the baby is not quite a peanut yet. As of today, it has doubled in size since last week - wow what a growth spurt! A raspberry it is...relating the embryo to food kind of fits my current situation, since I cannot stop eating! Yes, I know, I am eating for two, but really people this has got to stop! I eat every two hours (if not sooner) and have a sleeve of saltine crackers at my disposal almost all day long.

Last night, I told my derby family about the pregnancy. They were all shocked, but excited for me and so supportive. Many of the girls asked more questions and genuinely seemed interested in the process of becoming a gestational surrogate. When I think back to how I started this journey it still amazes me that it took almost 2 1/2 years to get to where I am today. All the paperwork, two different agencies, and wonderful IPs have brought me to this point.

My IPs sent an email over the weekend talking about their mothers. It was "Mother's Day" in France. Not only will this baby make them parents, but it will give their mothers their very first grandchild. I cannot express how wonderful it is to be a part of their happiness and joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment