A Bright Star

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, August 8, 2011

Waking the Baby

Now that the little one has been moving around a lot, my youngest daughter thinks it is fun to help! She has a small pink pig flashlight that she shines on my bulging belly and about thirty seconds later, little one is on the move! I never tried a flashlight with my own pregnancies, but read recently online that if you shine a light, it'll make them move.

Not only does light wake the baby but so does a variety of foods. In a previous post I mentioned the Mexican food, that has ceased -now anything with a sweetness in it. Not that I eat a lot of sugar, but I do have my ice cream (almost daily). Little one also likes tootsie rolls - which is chocolate, but not really. It'll be interesting to see if there is anything else that gets my surro-baby rolling around!

Last week, instead of me waking the baby the baby woke me up! He/she is getting so strong, strong enough to wake me from sleep. Who needs an alarm clock when you have an onion growing inside of you! I keep looking at onions at the market, but they see so small - and I realize measurments online leave out the length of their legs. Which means that my almost 8 week surro-baby is really about 8 inches long already, no wonder why I can feel it so much! Go ahead, measure out 8 inches, pretty BIG huh?

A few weeks and we'll have the 20-week check up (half-way!!!) and the BIG ultrasound with my IPs. They want to find out the sex of their baby - YAY! Then I can start saying I am carrying a, "petit garcon" or "petite fille" (little boy or little girl).

Cannot wait to see my IPs again!!!

1 comment:

  1. I had never heard about the shining a light thing. That's pretty cool! -Winter

    ReplyDelete