A Bright Star

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, July 21, 2012

It's been awhile since I've written, not because I haven't thought about it, but what do you say when your journey is complete?  My time as a surrogate ended, the miracle my intended parents call "Little A" has actually grown into a handsome six-month old little guy already.  Yes, I said six months! 

At times I really wish I were still pregnant with Little A.  My pregnancy went exceptionally well, and I could not have asked for better intended parents.  I was watching a few old videos on my phone the other day - it was Little A moving all around and kicking from the inside out.  He always had a good way of reminding me that he was "hanging around".

Other times I am glad I am back to what one would call my normal life.  The daily routines of motherhood, school teacher, friend, volunteer and roller derby skater.  Each one of these rolls are just important to me as being a surrogate mother. 

That is why I've chosen to begin a second journey!  My intended parents would like to have a sibling for Little A!  I am so fortunate to continue working with them and helping them expand their beautiful family.  We updated the contract a little, I've gone to Rockford, IL to have my medical clearance and now we will wait for the IVF nurse to contact me with a plan, along with a finalized contract.  It is definitely much easier the second time around!

The intended parents have embryos frozen, so they RE will thaw two of them in October for our possible transfer and if all goes well Little A will become a big brother in 2013.

Every time I think about them, their family, my heart skips!  I am blessed to be a part of their journey to parenthood.

Much love
~jeannie

No comments:

Post a Comment