A Bright Star

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, April 28, 2011

5dp3dt

Alright...so I was hoping for a miracle when I POAS this morning! LOL of course the little hourglass flashed and flashed but it said, "not pregnant." I knew in my head that it would say this but I thought with 2 perfect little blasts nestling in for 9 months that maybe my body would've started secreting that wonderful hormone called: hCG.

So I let out a sigh, put my cell phone away - because I was ready to take a picture and email it off to my IPs if it would've said, "pregnant" instead.

I moved on with my morning routine: orange juice with my morning estrace pill and inserting the lovely white suppository into my...well you know.

By the time I got to work I was still thinking about being 5dp3dt. I began googling the net (yes, again), and came across this awesome information from an infertility forum. Read below:

This is what happens in a 3dt:

1dpt - Embryo is growing and developing.
2dpt - Embryo is now a blastocyst.
3dpt - Blastocyst hatches out of shell on this day.
4dpt - Blastocyst attaches to a site on the uterine lining
5dpt - Implantation begins, as the blastocyst begins to bury in the lining
6dpt - Implantation process continues and morula buries deeper in the lining
7dpt - Morula is completely implanted in the lining and has placenta cells & fetal cells
8dpt - Placenta cells begin to secrete hCG in the blood
9dpt - More hCG is produced as fetus develops
10dpt - More hCG is produces as fetus develops
11dpt - hCG levels are now high enough to be immediately detected on HPT

I cannot tell you what a relief this was to see! So as of today...the little blast(s) is/are probably just starting to snuggle in and get cozy!

I'm looking forward to the weekend. It'll be busy with Snow White, Charity walks, a derby bout, and a birthday party. I'm thinking I'll stay away from the store too - so then I'm not tempted to buy another HPT. We'll just wait until Monday! (my other pregnancies, I never had a BFP until 10dp!).

No comments:

Post a Comment