A Bright Star

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, July 15, 2011

Announcing Via Facebook

Since most of my family, friends, and co-workers don't see me daily in the summer I thought it was time to announce the gestational surrogacy to all. At first I was a little worried and debated about announcing at all. Some people have their opinions and I really didn't want to hear any of them! This journey with my IPs has been amazing, therefore anyone else raining on my parade was unwelcome.

Much to my surprise! Everyone that has commented or sent me a message is ecstatic for me and the IPs. It amazes me how the ones closest to you, can accept you for all of your decisions without judgement. It's a great feeling to know I have the support of many.

I've really been feeling well. Still hungry as ever, but that gives me an excuse to have an extra cookie! No, not really, but it does encourage me to eat more fruits and veggies. Also, I've really tried to integrate more dairy - but if you know me at all, drinking a glass of milk is the last thing I want to do. Instead I've found a great yogurt -cherry crisp! It's delicious.

Only five weeks from now, and I'll be back to work full-time. The summer has gone by too fast already. Any ideas on how or what to tell my high school students?

Next doctor appointment: July 27 - hoping to capture the heartbeat on a recording for the IPs!
~Much love,
The Rolling Stork

No comments:

Post a Comment