A Bright Star

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

An Avocado today

Well...just returned from my 16 week doctor appointment and found out that I gained 5 pounds this last 4 weeks! Yikes! That's a total of 8 - I am still wearing my "normal" clothes and haven't gotten into any maternity wear yet, but I have a feeling that door will need to be opened soon.
Over the next few weeks, the little one is going to double in size! That's right - go from only 4-5 inches long to 10 inches! I know by then, my current clothing will not fit the same.

The little avocado's heartbeat was at 140 today :) I was able to record it too. I emailed the IPs and cannot wait to hear from them. I am not going to upload it until I know they've heard their baby's heartbeat for the FIRST time...I can only imagine their joy.

Since this is an international surrogacy, legal things are just a bit different. I need to find my birth certificate for them along with getting a "statement of pregnancy" from my doctor. I'm not really sure what that is, so I'll be contacting TSC to see if they have a form to use for this. I hope so, because my doctor wasn't sure either.

The next four weeks will go by fast I am sure. I'll return to teaching full time in three weeks, then school begins and I'll have 5 new sections of sophomores and juniors. Finally, the IPs will fly here from France for the BIG ultrasound, hospital tour, and doctor appointment. I'm still not sure if they plan to find out the sex of their child - I hope so!

Cannot wait to see them again!

No comments:

Post a Comment