A Bright Star

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, May 23, 2011

6 weeks 5 days

Last week seemed to fly by. I finally went to the walk-in clinic to get some medication for my sinus infection. Dr. U is very thorough and was concerned about the pregnancy, but reassured me that amoxocillin was the safest drug to take. It was strange having him and the nurse congratulate me for being pregnant. Since this child is not mine, I don't feel it is "me" that should be celebrating, it should be my IPs.

My IPs sent an email late last week. They are so cute! They've told their families about the pregnancy, but they also know that the farther along I get the better chances of survival. I sent them a website address where they can look to see what is happening to their little embryo. They've never been pregnant before, so this is a whole new world for them.

Exciting stuff going on this week! Our first ultrasound is only three days away. I'm nervous but excited. Last time my DH and I went for this u/s, we did not receive good news. I am feeling so different about this one though- everything on my surrogacy journey this second time has been so positive and full of love, I am trying to be optimistic.

No comments:

Post a Comment