A Bright Star

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, January 30, 2012

TWO MORE DAYS - 1/17/12

That's right...almost 41 weeks pregnant and ONE more doctor's appointment to finally decide on when Little A would be born.

Of course I made my appointment for the morning, I do not like waiting until the end of the day for such special news. My nurse Tanya called my name and of course she is just as surprised as the rest of us that this little one hasn't arrived. We went through our routine: weight, blood pressure, urine, heart rate...etc. Once she and I were in the exam room we started talking about how much I really do not want Pitocin, but more how I did not want to have a c-section. Of course I got teary-eyed talking about the possibility of having surgery. I know many women have them everyday, but I did not want to add that to my list of accomplishments. She reassured me no matter what happens, everything will be ok.

Dr. V came into the room shortly after speaking to Tanya in the hallway. I overheard her telling him about my fears. They came into the room and immediately listened to Little A's heartbeat. Dr. V usually just estimates how fast his heart rate is, but today he took out his cell phone to time it...because it was not as fast as normal. Phew! Little A was still beating around 120 bpm, so everything was good.

The next step of my exam...checking for cervical dilation and effacement. As I'm laying there, all I could think of was please, please let my body show some signs that we are ready to deliver this little miracle. Sadly, there hadn't been much change since last week! Really?!?!

NOW WHAT???

Dr. V told me to go ahead and get dressed and he'd be back in a minute after he gives the next steps some thought. Upon his return he had a plan - two more days! Two more days before he'd induce me. He was hopeful that checking me today would help. I guess we'll wait and see.

Tanya called the hospital to let them know I would arrive on Thursday, January 19, 2012 at 7 AM to begin my induction.

Induction plan: Break my bag of waters (hopefully) and then Pitocin if needed.

I left the office knowing Little A would finally arrive in two days, really what was two more?

No comments:

Post a Comment